Why Need A Dryer
The moisture content of biomass material is a key factor affecting the final quality of the pellet. Experience tells us that if the moisture content of raw materials exceeds 16%, pellet quality will begin to suffer. So drying is a significant operation in pellet production. There are two types of dryers frequently used in the pellet-making line, which are rotary drum dryer and pipe dryer, also known as flash dryer.
Rotary Drum Dryer Introduction
This rotary dryer is a type of industrial dryer employed to reduce the moisture content of biomass materials like sawdust, wood shavings, and coffee husk, by bringing them into direct contact with a heated gas. The dryer is capable of handling large quantities of raw materials to be further processed.
How The Rotary Dryer Works
Consolidating, roasting, and drying are achieved by passing the material through a rotating cylinder. Steam pipes are placed around the rotating cylinder and covered by the steam layer. The raw material is roasted and dried by direct contact with the steam layer or hot steam generated from the steam pipes. The surface of the material dried is perfectly smooth and neat, allowing the high-quality dried material.
Rotary Drum Dryer Features
1. Be capable of consolidating, roasting and drying.
2. Adopts converter motor for a wide speed range, efficient time control, and good drying performance.
3. Inlet steam pipe is sealed by the advanced swivel joint avoiding steam and water leakage.
4. Applicable to shrimp feed that has a high standard for roasting and waterproofing.
5. Continuous rotation of biomass material ensures a high-quality final product.
Rotary Drum Dryer Parameters
|Model||Power||Capacity||Moisture content reduced|