This Conditioner is in fact a screw blender where additives such as steam and other liquids can be added to the material mixture prior to entering the pelletizing chamber.
Conditioner plays important roles for the following reasons:
1. Lubricate the material for a faster production rate and reduce energy costs.
2. To extend die life by avoiding extra friction.
3. To rupture fully starch granules so as to increase nutritional value and the animal can digest the feed easily.
4. Fully conditioning and mixing can also help to improve pellet quality.
5. Double or three layers jacketed conditioners can be installed to meet the special needs of aquatic feed.
The ring die is a metal cylindrical shape unit with holes through which feed is forced to pellets. The alloy steel dies made by international German gun drill and American vacuum furnace have long service life and ensure high-quality pellets.
The modern flat die pellet mill has two or three rollers and the diameter of holes is usually 2.5-12mm. Compared to the ring die, the flat die is more simply designed and features a compact structure.
The main purpose of the rollers is to help the material mixture to get into the die hole, thus the roll shape and construction are designed for preventing the slippage of the material and give a smooth surface for a better discharge. A flat die pellet mill usually has two or three rollers, but the ring die pellet mill usually has two rollers.
Pellet Cutting Knives
The pellet cutting knives are all made of stainless steel with grease fittings and seals to keep the grease in, eliminating corrosion and making adjustment easy. The main purpose of the knife is to cut the pellet to a given size as required.